Golf at Desert Princess
Golf Book Tee Time Fee Schedule Tournament Schedule & Entry Forms Scorecards Pro Shop Heil Group Cox Group Local Rules Men’s Tournament Start Times Tournament Results DPWGC Sunday Clinic Dress Code Golf with Freedom Lesson Center Tournament Format & Descriptions
Golf at Desert Princess
Pro Shop (760) 322-2280 Tee Times (760)322-7779
Desert Princess Country Club has a 27-hole championship golf course designed by David Rainville. Each nine offers a slightly different style of golf challenge. All three nines boast impeccable Tifdwarf Bermuda grass greens and majestic views of the surrounding mountain ranges. On Lagos nine water comes into play on six of the nine holes. The Vista nine offers the variety of a links style golf course with rolling fairways. The Cielo nine offers members and guests a challenging and scenic nine holes, with water on eight of the nine holes. With four sets of tees the course offers a challenging experience for golfers of all abilities, the championship tees play up to 6,781 yards and the forward tees play at a reasonable 5,217 yards. Very wide fairways. Course is mostly flat. Four sets of tees. Large lakes come into play on 10 holes. Greens are large, some are two-level a good, well-maintained resort course.
To donate to the Troy Hissam fund, please go to GoFundMe website: gofundme.com/28j6p9wc
Director of Golf
Book a Tee Time
Call 760-322-7779 to make a tee time or CLICK HERE.
Tee Times start at 6:30 am.
The Vista course is closed for the remainder of this season.
Golf is led by our Director of Golf, Rand Veal, PGA.
As a reminder, golf members can make tee times 3 days in advance starting at 6:30am. Homeowners can make tee times 3 days in advance starting at 3pm in person at the Golf Store or by phone.
Tournament Schedule and Entry Forms
Click HERE to view the 2017-2018 Tournament Schedule.
Golf Shop Hours:
Friday & Saturday: 6am-4pm
Our Pro Shop offers a variety of golf equipment, accessories, and clothing for both men and women. Director of Golf Rand Veal, PGA and his staff are available to assist with your golf equipment needs or to answer questions about our courses and facilities.
Desert Princess offers instruction from both our PGA Professionals and our assistant PGA Professionals. Call 760-322-7779 to make a tee time or 760-322-2280 for more information.
Golf Shop Staff:
Rand Veal, Director of Golf, PGA
Steve Fitzharris, Head Golf Professional, PGA
Patty Schram, Assistant Golf Professional, PGA/LPGA
Sign-up online, click on the following website:
Call Joe Heil only if you cannot sign-up online: 760-325-4959
A New week will be added each Wednesday at 6:30 AM
|7:30 AM||Bender||Brown, M||Heil||Robison, J|
|7:38 AM||Robison, R||Newell||Gibson||Sneddon, J|
Click on images to view schedules
To sign up online, please click the link below. This is a new sign up, please re-register for the new season.
If you are having any issues with sign up or just have any questions please call the Golf Shop at 760-322-2280.
A blind draw for the groups will be held the morning of play by the Golf Shop.
Desert Princess CC Local Rules
- The lakes are considered lateral water hazards. The gunite defines the water hazard. The gunite borders are considered an integral part of the course thus No relief.
- Stones in bunkers are “movable obstructions” and may be removed without penalty. Rule 24-1 (App 1)
- On the golf course, where streets border the course, out of bounds will be defined by the inside edge of the street.
- Bird droppings – If a ball comes to rest in or has picked up bird droppings; player may lift, clean and place their ball as near as possible to the spot where it previously lay but no nearer the hole.
- All sprinkler heads are immovable obstructions and relief may be obtained under rule 24-2. In addition, if a ball lies off the putting green but not in a hazard and a sprinkler head on or within 2 club lengths of the putting green and within 2 club length of the ball interferes on the line of play between the ball and the hole, the player may take relief. Drop the ball at the nearest point to obtain relief. (App 1)
- Non turf areas in the wash, (Cielo #1, Vista 5-9). A player may use preferred lies in the non-turf areas. Player may mark, clean and place ball within one club length, no nearer the hole. Ball must remain in non-turf area.
- When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment.
Tournament Start Times
Click on image to view
Men’s One Man Scramble/July 8, 2017
Women’s Flag Tournament/July 8, 2017
Click on images to enlarge
Desert Princess Sunday Clinics will be back in the Fall. Have a great summer!
GOLF COURSE DRESS CODE
Proper golf attire for men is golf slacks or Bermuda shorts, collared or mock turtle golf shirts and proper footwear. Tank tops, bathing suits, jogging shorts, cut offs and denim material are not permitted on the golf course or driving range.
Women golfers are required, by the Country Club, to wear golf slacks, golf shorts or golf skirts no shorter than mid-high. Golf tops may be sleeveless or sleeved with or without collar. Golf shoes must be worn at all times, “soft spikes ONLY.”
Halter tops, spaghetti-strap tops, tank tops, jogging shorts, tennis dresses, tennis shorts, tennis skirts, or jeans are not permitted at any time.
18-Holes Special (August): $25*
18-Holes Special (September): $30*
*Includes lunch coupon and cart. Must tee off before Pro Shop closes.
Range Balls: 20 Balls – $3, 40 Balls – $6, 60 Balls – $9
Range Passes: 20 Punches (20 Balls per punch) for $40 ($60 value)
For more information, please call the Pro Shop at 760-322-2280.
Tuesday and Saturday play –This sign up is for members of the Desert Princess Women’s Golf Club and their designated guests.
To sign up online, please click the following link:
Call the Golf Shop if you have any questions – 760-322-2280.